Sunday, June 16, 2013

Who wants Lemonade???

I am pretty sure everyone at some point in their childhood had a lemonade stand.  We lived on base at Ft. Knox, KY.  I would set up my stand right where the end of the sidewalk met the street and would peddle my 'ade to the soldiers passing by. 

One of my favorite memories of lemonade takes me to a little later when my daddy and I decided to make fresh squeezed lemonade.  You can already tell Mama wasn't home and a mess was about to ensue.  We both were covered in pulp and the kitchen smelled strong of lemons for days to come.  It is a memory that pops up every time my little man orders lemonade when we are out.

So, since today is Father's Day, I decided to make two boys in my life happy~my little man and my daddy.  I thought I would share this fun summertime recipe with you!  It can be adjusted to how tart or sweet you like it.

Enjoy!!!!


Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
 
 
1-1.5 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice (usually about 12-14 lemons)


1 cup or so sugar
5 cups COLD water


 
 
 
Squeeze the hell out of those lemons into a measuring cup.  Hopefully you are more fortunate than me and have one of those "fancy" lemon juicers.  I don't know where ours walked off to.  So, I squeezed all of those suckers by hand.

Make sure you strain your juice so you don't have any seeds floating around.  I like to have a little pulp in mine.
Pour into your pitcher and add the sugar. 
Next add your cold water.
Adjust your sugar so that you have the perfect combination of tart and sweet!
Stir and then refrigerate until cold.

Serve with a fresh lemon slice if you think you can look at one more lemon after all this!



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment