Saturday, June 15, 2013

Hello stranger!!!

Hey there!  Long time; no post!!!! I know it has been forever since I have posted, but this girl has been insanely, crazy busy.  Nursing school is consuming my life now.  What it doesn't suck out of me, is absorbed by my sweet little man, husband and our new puppy.  That's right.  You read right!  We had a short moment of no control and got our little family a puppy...a LAB puppy.  She is 5 mos old and still takes more energy out of me than the preemie we brought home almost 5 years ago!

I haven't done much experimenting in the kitchen lately due to my hectic schedule.  I have, however, remembered y'all today and felt the need to share a couple of recipes out of my secret recipe binder. I didn't remember to take pictures of the ingredients for the beginning.  So, the raw pic will have to do!

Let's get started with a southern classic..sausage balls.  These little suckers are to die for!!!  You can serve them at baby showers, bridal showers, cocktail parties, or even breakfast.  I happen to love them for breakfast.




Sausage Balls




2 lbs. regular breakfast pork sausage in a tube
4 cups shredded cheese
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1-1/2 cups Bisquick
black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375.
Mix together all the above ingredients.
Roll mixture into golf ball size servings. 
Place onto an aluminum foil lined cookie sheet (that has been LIGHTLY sprayed with Pam).

(Make them smaller if you are serving for a party where you will have a handful of snickie snacks)


Bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked through.  Let sit for a few minutes and then drain on paper towels before serving.


 
Heaven on a little plate!!!  I promise you won't be able to eat just one! You can make half (but you won't want to).



Ham and Cheese Quiche
 
1 frozen pie crust
1 cup diced ham
1-1/2 cups shredded cheese
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
1 cup half and half
2 eggs
salt and pepper to taste
 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place frozen crust in oven with aluminum foil covering.  Bake for 5 minutes.  Take foil off and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
 
While that is baking, in a bowl, mix together half and half, eggs, salt and pepper. 
When crust is done, pull out of the oven.
Sprinkle the ham, cheese and minced onion in the bottom.
Pour egg and cream mixture over and place back in the oven.
 
 
Don't judge me for my broken crust.  :)
 
Bake for 40 minutes or until custard is firm and cooked through. 
Let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.
 
 
 
 
So, here ya' have it y'all.  Two staple southern recipes for you to try out,  Enjoy!  Post a comment and let me know what you think.
 
 
...I missed you too! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment