Sunday, October 7, 2012

Margaritas and Magnolias

Margaritas and magnolias are two of my favorite things.  A perfect world would be a huge backyard with towering magnolia trees and a swimmin' pool filled with margaritas!  C'mon now, you know you would forward your mail there if it was a reality!  I think the good Lord created these two wonderful things to bring joy to all southern girls.  There is nothing better than the smell of magnolias blooming except for maybe the smell of a lime squeezed into a big ol' margarita.  So, you Scentsy reps out there, let me know when you get a scent that smells like either of these.

We live in South Texas and there are no magnolia trees that I know of.  If you see one, let me know.  I miss them!  Coming from Georgia, they are everywhere.  I love the big white blooms and their waxy green leaves.  I am sure that when a person thinks of greenery from the south, they picture a beautiful magnolia bloom. 

I love to make a margarita but I do have a confession to make.  Jose Cuervo makes a pre-made margarita: Jose Cuervo Golden Margarita.  Now look, I have tasted margaritas everywhere.  I might even toot my own horn and say I am a self proclaimed connoisseur of margaritas.  This is the best bottled margarita I have found.  How great it this, no need to run to the liquor store, no need to pull all the bottles out to mix up our favorite libation.  Just open the fridge, grab the bottle and pour over ice.  As a super busy mama, this is FABULOUS!  Let me set the record straight, I am not hitting the bottle all the time, but I do enjoy my margaritas every once in awhile.  So should you. 

4 comments:

  1. I have 2 magnolias in my front yard. I absolutely love them! Can't wait to read your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! I luv luv luv the Jose golden too! Your blog is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy first love the blog it really is something I can see you doing you're such an outgoing person. Second, my Mom has a Magmolia tree in her front yard when it blooms I'll call you & you can come by when you're down this way visiting the hubby. I'm also sure she would invite you & give you your own rake when the leaves start to fall she hates that part of that tree.LOL. Now you're right about the Jose Margarita's those are good but if you get over to Rockport there's a place called Los Comales oh Honey theirs are great on the rocks or frozen either one. They do have a kick also. Oh they also have good food.LOL. Keep up the good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, I would be in heaven if I had them in our yard. Sharon, you just let me know! As for the leaves, I will bring the little guy and we can put him to work. Builds character, right??? I appreciate all y'alls support!

    ReplyDelete