Friday, October 26, 2012

Bakin' Bacon in the Oven!!!!

The only smell better in the morning than coffee is the smell of bacon!  I love the smoky, fatty smell.  I love bacon!!! If bacon wouldn't take years off my life, I would eat it every day.  Oh, and I HATE the mess it makes.  Grease splattered everywhere....well it just sucks!  I loathe cleaning up after a big breakfast because bacon grease seems to spray from one corner of the kitchen to the other.  Sad thing is, my little man loves bacon as much as his mama does. If you ask him what he wants for breakfast, he will list of the smorgasbord he craves....like I am Waffle House or something.  This "order" always includes bacon!   So, I suck it up and make a big breakfast once a week.  Now, let me let you in on a little secret about cooking bacon.  I have heard in passing you can "fry" bacon in the oven.  What?!?!  Will it taste just as good as when it is fried in the cast iron skillet?  Hold onto your shorts, girls...IT DOES!  Who'd a thought, right?  This has to be one of the best and worst discoveries I have made!!!  Best being I can make it all the time without the clean up and worst is I can make it all the time!  You are not going to believe how easy and yummy this is!

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  On a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil, lay your bacon out side by side. 

Slap those suckers in the oven for 15-18 minutes (I cooked mine for 17.5 minutes).  When you first pull them out, they may not look crispy enough.  They are.

 
Let them cool on a paper towel to absorb the excess grease.  When you are ready to devour this beautiful sight, they will be ready and waiting to make you slap happy! 
 
Now go grab you a pound, and getting to baking that bacon!  There is about to be a bacon shortage.  You don't want to miss out on this!
 
P.S.  Pour your leftover grease into a jar and stick in the fridge to use for beans and such later.  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment